How to get healthcare advice and assistance when the practice is closed:
Out-of-ours services are available when the practice is closed, during the hours of 6:30pm and 8:00am.
What to do when the GP practice is closed:
– If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
– If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
– Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
– NHS 111 is available 24/7, everyday of the year
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
When to call 111
You should call 111 when:
- You think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- Your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don’t know who to call for medical help
During normal practice opening hours, the practice remains your first point of contact for all routine requests.
For more information about NHS 111, go to NHS choices at www.nhs.uk